Our Packaging 📦
With sustainability at the forefront of our mission, we made careful, calculated choices to ensure PEGZ packaging would be as low impact from start to finish as possible. We knew we had to avoid plastic at all costs, so we went searching for our best option that would still tick the quality and affordability boxes too.
Jute caught our attention early on and we knew it was the right choice. We have ensured our bags are made with 100% natural fibres including the drawstring cord, and our logo is printed in water based ink so the whole bag is biodegradable and compostable.
Benefits of Jute
Jute itself is made from the fibres of a vegetable plant (Corchorus) which grows easily and abundantly in tropical lowland regions, predominantly India and Bangladesh. Here are just a few reasons why we love jute and have chosen it for our packaging:
- It is fast growing, ready for harvest in 4-6 months
- There is little need for pesticides, fertiliser or watering
- It releases up to 11 tonnes of oxygen and absorbs up to 15 tonnes of carbon dioxide per hectare (per growing cycle)
- Requires much less land than cotton to produce the same amount of fibre
- Jute is starting to replace wood in some pulp and paper manufacturing which has the power to greatly reduce worldwide deforestation
We hope to see Jute being used much more mainstream in the near future!
Tag & Instruction Slip
Also included in our packaging is a recycled cardboard swing tag and paper slip inside the bag which has handy information about your type of pegs and the best care for maximum life span.
If you ever have any questions about our pegs please drop us a line at email@example.com